Image by nts01 from Pixabay

There’s no way that drinking, ingesting, injecting and even bathing in bleach could ever cure COVID-19 – doing so may cause harm to your body and internal organs or lead to death. This is the collective message that lawyers, politicians, scientific and medical experts, the CDC, and Dettol and Lysol maker Reckitt Benckiser have released to the public following President Donald Trump’s comment about looking into bleach injections as a potential COVID-19 cleansing treatment. Trump later went on to say that his comment was sarcastic but experts have already spoken out to reject his “sarcastic suggestion” during the White House coronavirus task force briefing.

“As a global leader in health and hygiene products, we must be clear that under no circumstance should our disinfectant products be administered into the human body (through injection, ingestion or any other route).  As with all products, our disinfectant and hygiene products should only be used as intended and in line with usage guidelines. Please read the label and safety information,” Reckitt Benckiser said in a statement.

According to medical experts, drinking bleach can burn your esophagus and stomach, which means anyone who attempts to do so is in for a world of pain – and that’s just the beginning. Bleach can destroy human tissue so, if you ingest a large dose, you can also expect serious damage to your gastrointestinal tract and other internal organs. However, you may also end up as a statistic because ingesting bleach is one of the leading causes of household poisonings with 45,000 cases annually in the U.S. alone. Don’t do anything hasty no matter what anyone says and always check the facts first by visiting Covid-19facts.com.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here